June 8th, 2020
Dear Valued Patients
These past 3 months have been very different around here and we all hope you have been keeping safe, healthy and well. We are pleased to inform you that we are now available to start providing regular eye exams. The Ministry of Health has lifted restrictions that were placed back in March. While many things have changed over these past few months our commitment to your optical health and safety has not.
We have always followed disinfecting protocols and standards within our office to ensure your safety and will continue to do so during this pandemic and into the future. We have updated our protocols even further and when we see you for your next appointment things may be a little different.
- We will be asking screening questions at the time of booking your appointment and you will be asked again when you arrive for your appointment.
- You will be asked to wait in your car and call or text the number on the door upon your arrival as our doors are locked. Our office will notify you when to come to the door for your appointment.
- You will be required to wear a face mask while inside our office. If you do not have your own, we will have some available.
- At this time our office is appointment only NO walkins.
- We will be asking you to utilize the hand sanitizer set up at the front doors and again upon exiting.
- Our waiting room will no longer have toys or magazines as these items are difficult to disinfect. In addition, we will be practicing physical distancing protocols all around the office. This means that all our appointments will run on a 30 minute schedule but this will allow us to reduce the number of individuals in the office at any given time.
- We will be asking caregivers or chaperones to wait outside the office when possible and will be limiting individuals allowed into the treatment rooms.
- You may notice that we will be wearing PPE such as masks, shields or goggles. This is to ensure your safety as well as our staff’s safety.
We thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty throughout these past few months. We value our patients and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Harbourview Optometry Staff